Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gluten-Free Italian Herbed Chicken

1/2 C. rice flour
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. garlic powder
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. minced onions
1 t. parsley flakes

Mix. Dip chicken in mixture. (Can dip chicken in egg whites before the dry mixture.) Bake according to size of chicken pieces. I like to cut breasts into strips to shorten cooking time. (It seems I'm always rushing to get the food on the table!)

We eat this chicken with Prego Traditional Spaghetti Sauce (a great gluten-free product) heated and poured over it. Then we top with mozzerella cheese.

(For some reason we ALWAYS have cooked baby carrots with this dish! I boil the carrots, then top with 1/4 c. brown sugar + 1/4 c. margarine or butter. I let that simmer for 3-5 minutes and sprinkle with parsley.)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all these recipes. We are having this one for dinner tonight! It sounds great! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we come over for dinner this week? Sounds wonderful.

    I have all the paperwork to get the blood work done on my kids... I just have to get them to the lab.

    ReplyDelete