Friday, April 10, 2009

GLUTEN FREE NORWEGIAN PANCAKES

10 eggs
5 T. melted butter (or margarine)
3 & 1/3 c. water
1 & 1/4 t. vanilla (optional)
5 T. sugar
1 & 1/4 t. salt
3 c. rice flour
1/3 c. tapioca flour
(Can increase rice flour to 3 1/3 c. instead of using tapioca flour, but tapioca flour seems to help soften them!)

Make as you would regular Norwegian Pancakes (similar to crepes). We like to use a blender to eliminate any lumps. Cook in hot, buttered frying pans. Enjoy with fruit and whipping cream, lemon juice and powdered sugar, or just with butter and sugar!
-Amy

2 comments:

  1. Eventhough I'm not following a gluten free diet, I can attest to the tremendous results of the two recipes given on this blog. They turn out wonderfully well, and seem to be enjoyed by all! How nice to share them! You have great cooks at your house! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have found a way to make these! My family loves them and when Michael chose them for his Birthday dinner I thought of how sad it would be for your family to give them up! You are genius.

    ps, my word verification is mangobbl. FUNNY for this post!

    ReplyDelete